Friday, January 5, 2018

Watch Me Now!

This is weird. A while ago I picked up my tablet and caught a quick glimpse of a notification. Rate your visit to some place I had recently been to, it flashed. I deleted it before thinking, so I couldn't look at it more closely. But then I thought. I had not been there with my tablet. Just my phone. How did it know they were both mine? And who knew? And why was it taunting me? We know where you always are, Number 6. I am not a number... I shrugged and went about my sordid business.

And another time I picked up my voyure engine and was greeted by the cheery message, Rate your visit to Safeway! Instead of deleting it along with the other messages about Youtube videos, Donald Trump tweets, and Burma Shave, I clicked on it. It was from that arch nemesis of anonymous, Google! Don't be evil? How about don't be sticking your ponderous programming proboscis into my business?

And now the nightmare begins.

What? No, I don't want to rate my visit to Dapper Dan's Dildos and Dominatrices! Or Weird Waldo's World of Weed on the corner of Stoner and High. What do you mean you posted to my Facebook account that I was just at Pussy and Pandemonium's Petting Palace? It's a pet store... Really... The animal type... No, I'm not into that!

Now, wait. I haven't been to THAT place in a long time. You can't prove a thing! That picture was photoshopped to look like me!

Mata Hari's House of Heavenly-that one's misspelled. It begins with "Wh" not just "H". Doesn't anyone take any pride in their peep hole gawking? Geesh! If Peeping Google's gonna evesdrop on my Telescreen, at least use the dictionary app.

Talk about omnipresent. God's got nothing on Big Google. What, Google? No, I wasn't talking to you!

No comments: