Saturday, November 17, 2018

Root Canal


Ugh. I had a root canal last week. It wasn’t too bad since all of the nerves in my head are dead anyway, so I didn’t really feel anything. I left the office with three holes drilled in a molar packed with antibiotics to wage a pogrom against the Fascists bringing Armageddon to my jaw.

That’s the only thing holding my tooth together; a crisp coating of enamel, dill holes, and infection.  Maybe some old mashed potatoes, too. If I’m not careful the whole thing could go kaplooie! Just like that. I’m not supposed to eat anything on the right side of my face. All of my eating is to be left handed. Um, face-ed.

No seeds. No nuclear pop rocks. No ground glass or metal filings. Nothing that might give an already fractured tooth and excuse to go critical. It still feels weird. The right side of my jaw wants its turn at the meat grinder.

Have you ever eaten half chewed food?

No comments: