Thursday, April 5, 2018

Ambulance


We’re all looking for that life thing.
Huh?
Everyone. Forever.
Shhh. Rest now.
Where am I?
Somewhere safe.
I’m not here for long.
Not if I can help it.
Soon.
Now, I’m going to just put this oxygen mask on you.
That living thing.
It’s not you concern.
But it is. Everyone. Everywhere. Forever. We keep asking the same question.
What question?
The Question. From the beginning of time.
OK.
The Garden of Eden. The Trojan War. The Mahabharata.
Fine. Relax. I need you to look at my fingers and focus.
The one question.
Can you see my fingers?
I see one thing.
Do you hear me?
Do you hear ME?
I do. Now-
The one thing that we all want to know.
What is that?
You don’t know the question?
What question?
About the thing?
About what thing?
That thing. The, “What does it mean to be alive?” thing. Well? What does it mean to be alive?
I don’t know.
There it is.

That’s when he died. I had no answer for that, either.

No comments: